Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On Images of Merryspring (among others)

Let's get this picture party STARTED!
Here is the spring at Merryspring. And my reflection in it. It's kind of out of the way and hard to find, but pretty neat.
There it is again!
Here you can see a little bit of the stream it supplies to.

This fungus pretty much rules the school. I should have done a hand shot but it was bigger than my hand.
And again.
Underside! Look! There is a stick growing through it. Or rather the mushroom grew around a stick!





Then there's the Merryspring vernal pool, all frozen over for the winter.


Found this at a used bookstore in Hallowell, Maine. Anyone remember this one?
I wish I could remember WHERE this one was. But it really made me smile.
Can ANYONE tell me that they remember this book??? I do and I don't know where from! Is it an old family book? Or maybe one from school.
Lastly-SADIE. In her new home. Awwww! She's gonna need a haircut soon.

So there you have it. A little picture journey. I hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

Peeser said...

My main question is this: is the spring merry?


I LOVE Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel- that was one of my favorites as a kid. Even better was when, as an adult, I 1) discovered that the illustrator was the same one who illustrated The Little House (I thought that was a cool thing to find out, and I was a little surprised I didn't make the connection sooner, since the illustrations are, not surprisingly, SO much alike). and 2) that Ramona Quimby loved that book, too, as a kindergartner, another fact I didn't discover/rediscover until recently in my adulthood (I had decided to re-read that particular Ramona book for some reason now forgotten, and I remember the surprised delight when Ramona mentioned that book and how much she loved it!)

I'm afraid you're on your own with that Elidor and the Golden Ball, though. Are you sure you didn't just have some bizarre, clairvoyant dream about it?

Lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Jeanne, the mom and grandmom said...

I am with Elise on Elidor and the Golden Ball - never heard of it. The shots of around Merryspring are really nice. Awwww, Sadie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive