Sunday, July 1, 2007

I'm alive, I promise

Sorry that I had another dry spell. I've been spending a lot of time working and my free time is spent sleeping or reading Harry Potter. I am trying very hard to get through all the books before the last one. And I'm only halfway through book 4! I'm not sure of I will make it. Even with my method of skimming a lot of parts. I just don't want to miss anything. So since most of the people who read this are either not in my ward or are going to find out today anyway, I feel no guilt in finally announcing my release as the Music Chairman of the University Ward. Thank goodness for that. As musical as I am I really don't think that I am cut out for that calling. I am amazed is looking back at my journals that it has been almost a year since I was called to that. How time flies. My new calling is a Sunday School teacher for Gospel Docterine. Yeah. Another in a long line of Lambson teachers. I am really nervous. I am teaching for the first time today. Not my first time ever. I taught in Young Womens a couple of times. But this is my first time teaching a more sophisticated crowd. I am hoping that since it's about the Atonement and the Garden of Gethsamne, that I will be able to just let the spirit work it's wonders as I stumble nervously along.

I don't know how I will do as a teacher. I'm not very good at public speaking. And I alternate weeks with Ross Redfern. He does a really good job and is a lot older than me. If I were alternating with one of the younger girls closer to my age I would be less intimidated. Oh well. I'll just keep praying and hope that I dont end way too early. I would rather take up too much time than not enough. Especially with this lesson.

Anyway, I am almost done with Kirsti's murder mystery thing. I could write a novel with the story I have come up with. After I am done I can finally relax and get back to writing that short story I thought up thats based on a crazy dream I had. I am also trying to prepare extensively for Harry Potter. I have watched all the movies now and, as I mentioned previously, I am on book 4. I am working on my costume. I need to make my bottle cap necklase, my raddish earings, my Ravenclaw t-shirt and my wand(which will be made from a stick from the back yard. It will be Persimon brance, brittle, containing the...um...bark of a persimon tree. A very magical substance...okay not really. If I could choose a magical core for my wand, it would probably be a Pheonix tear or a dragon heartstring or something like that).

Now that I am done expressing my nerdiness, I need to go and be nervous some more before I go to church.

No comments:

Blog Archive