Tuesday, July 3, 2007

New Music and That Midnight Temptress the Moon

My new free CD's came in. Keane-Under the Iron Sea and Fall Out Boy-Infinity On High. I have decided that Keane is my second favorite band right now. I love getting new music and finding that you like more than the three songs that you bought it for.

I watched Driving Lessons with Kirsti last night. A really cute movie with a really cute Rupert Grint in it. And a girl with the coolest name ever: Bryony. It also had Nicholas Farrell from Chariots of Fire an Julie Walters (Molly Weasley). I think I want to name my first daughter Byrony. Me and Kirsti also decided that we liked the idea of naming one of our kids Nebula. Anyway...

Afterwards I made my way to Movie Gallery to return my movie and made the mistake of going inside. Mike told me of last nights fiasco with counting all the money. He doesn't know how, but he screwed it all up again. I felt really bad for him, and being the kind of person that I am sometimes, I decided that I would go over everything with him to make sure that he got everything right so he wouldn't be suspended or fired. Poor Mike. It's all his bossy wifes fault really.

After spending an hour more at the Gallery than I was intending I exited the store and saw the only thing that could keep me from going straight home to bed. The moon. She was smiling down at me in the most inviting way that I couldn't refuse her. The night air was abnormally cool and the stars winked happily. So I got in the car and drove to my hearts content, making my way down silent neighborhood streets that lead nowhere and following my urge find that place inside me that has lain dormant for far too long. I listened to my new music and found new roads and finally had to stop because I had run myself out of gas and felt guilty about it. After filling up, I went home a happy and content person for the time being.

July promises to be an exciting month. I'm more at peace with life than I have been in a while.

No comments:

Blog Archive