Thursday, February 22, 2007

BIRDS!!


Hairy Woodpecker

Green-winged Teal

Pied-billed Grebe

Blue Heron

I wish I had taken these pictured. But I don't have the typed of camera for that. But I did see all four of these birds. Some others too, but these were the most interesting. We went to Eagle Bluffs on our first 7:00am field trip in Ornithology. It was really early, fairly cold, and actually kind of fun. It felt great to finally be in the field since this is probably what I will be doing a lot of in my career choice. Though I hope to be viewing more mammals. Most of the time the birds looked like tiny brown blobs, larger brown blobs, swimming brown blobs and even some perching brown blobs of prey...although we did see a large white splotch that was a hawk of some sort. Great fun.

Though I do blame my Ornithology class for all my frustrations today...Curse you!!!

Grebes are so cute...

No comments:

Blog Archive