Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dusty

Note to readers, this entry was started on Thursday and I finally finished it.

My computer is dusty. I need to clean it. Not now.

This is not the most comfortable seat. But it has an outlet. So I can sit here are charge my computer.

Also watch a movie.

As excited as I am for my cemeteries class, I hope that it does not last the whole 2 hours and 45 minutes. Just this once. If we go out into the field today, it will surely last that long. If not, I hope that it is all the introductory junk I've had to go through all week. Just because I am feeling a little lazy today.

I am watching Knowing on a very tiny screen while I type. This is mainly for the consideration of those around me. This way, me watching a movie on a larger screen wont distract those who are trying to study or do other things. I feel like I am being considerate.

Nicolas Cages hair is so horrible.

I was using StumbleUpon and it sent me to this site

I started laughing silently.

What are the odds?

So I was on this random website and it had a list of things to blog about. Most of them were about social media and technology and such. But there was one that I thought was interesting.

Books I Want To Write

Now you all know that I have several stories floating around in my head. If you visit my other blog you might be aware that none of these have gotten very far.

Well, here is a list. A list of the books I would LOVE to write and create. Maybe someday they will be a reality.

1. Spero-Spero is the Latin word for Hope. It is one of the major themes of the story. I It is the story of a America after a cataclysmic event. As of right now, that event is destructive seismic events in Yellowstone National park. The short of it is, all of the country is effected. Much of the land around Yellowstone is destroyed. Much of the land surrounding is rendered useless and desolate due to ash clouds and the like. IN disasters such as these, there are going to be survivors looking for a new place to live. So those cities and town unaffected are now overrun. The government quickly used all military personnel that they could to control things. After all the survivors are accounted for, a wall is built to separate the destructed portion of the country. There is minimal usable farm land and oil land left. Those who now own these lands are the the richest people in the country. Everyone else lives mostly in poverty. The story centers around the life of one girl in particular. Her name is Keera

2. Bus Stories-I think that many of you have heard of this story idea. This one was going well and then I realized that although the idea was good, the stuff coming out of my brain was mediocre. A woman loses her husband and unborn child in a car accident. It leaver her torn and half the person she used to be. There almost seems to be two different version of herself. The one that wants to give up life and the one that wants to continue it. Seven years later, she is involved in another car accident. She injures her head and her consciousness is in a constant state of flux. She keeps going from a world where she is on a bus with a collection of people who saved her after her accident and a world where she is in a hospital with her family and the man who caused the accident looking after her. It becomes impossible for her to determine which world is reality and in the end she has to make a choice hoping that she chooses the life she can really live.

3. Cancer Cafe-The Thrasher Doobian Files. (The following is taken from my other blog). A collection of short stories. All about a human who works at The Cancer Cafe as a cook and moonlights as something. I haven't decided yet. Perhaps a private detective. Or maybe a bounty hunter. Or both. The point is, You'd be surprised at how much information can be gleaned from the customers at a restaurant like The Cancer Cafe.

Thrasher is a tall and fairly gangly man (but don't let that fool you. He fights like rabid ferret protecting its territory. But don't think that he LOOKS like a ferret. It was just a personality comparison). He has bright red hair and blue eyes. More often than not clean shaven, though he did sport a good looking goatee years ago when he
was still on the intergalactic police force. Yeah, he used to be a cop. But there was an incident. He was on an undercover case with three other officers trying to take down one of the biggest drug cartels in the Milky Way galaxy. According to his account, he got cocky and careless. Long story short, the bust was a failure and the other three officers lost their lives. Because of this and other PLANTED evidence, Doobian was wrongly accused of working with the cartel and kicked off the force. He was shamed into hiding from all he knew and moved out of the Milky Way and eventually ended up working at The Cancer Cafe.

Through chance he had the opportunity to keep some of his detective skills sharpened. He couldn't help it. Those cases were begging to be solved. And you hear a lot about shady dealings in a place like The Cancer Cafe. Doobian solved a few of these cases and found that it helped him cope. Now, through word of mouth, you can hear of the amazing skills of Thrasher Doobian and call upon him if you want a case solved under the radar or just don't trust the proper authorities.

In an attempt to stick it to those who ruined his life, Doobian also works as a small transporter. Smuggler is another term for it. Small things. Nothing huge. And all very hush, hush. He found he was good at it since he intimately knows the inner working of the intergalactic police. He was able to transport things quite easily. This was his petty and self pitying revenge. But it brought in extra cash.

Thrasher Doobian has enough money to live pretty, but instead spends a lot of it on high tech equipment to make his dealings easier. The rest he saves up for a time he will leave and go some place far away where he never has to hear about the intergalactic police again and where no one knows his name.


This was the general idea might change a little bit.

4. Untitled-There was a story idea that I started a while ago. It involved a creation story of the world. When earth was created, there were two other worlds also created. Alternated worlds. These worlds were overseen by three siblings. Two of these siblings were selfish and hungry for power. So their worlds were taken away from them and given to the third sibling. He was to watch over all three worlds. In a number of years, the two other siblings would be granted freedom and allowed to try and gain power over their worlds again. If they succeeded they could keep their freedom and rule their worlds as they would. If they failed, they would be forever imprisoned.

5. Some kind of realistic fiction story. Not sure what about yet.

There are many more. Sometimes I read old scratchings of stories from years ago and wonder what happened? Why did I stop? I want to continue. Others, I laugh at because they are so comical or so stereotypical.

Anyway, there you have it. If any of you are writers (and I know many of you are) I would LOVE to hear about your story ideas. What tales do you wish to tell?

1 comment:

Peeser said...

Yeah, I don't know if you will even read this comment (i'm not sure if you have the feature turned on where you get an e-mail whenever someone comments on your posts...). I'm just surprised I somehow missed out on this entry. I vaguely remember reading the first part, but somehow I missed out on reading through your story ideas. I really like them. They sound interesting, creative, full of potential. I really hope you are able to find time somehow to develop them more fully, perhaps even get them to publishing stage...

I definitely get the same kinds of feelings as I skim through some of my older/oldish/newish/newer scratchings- some of them might still develop into good, possibly great stories; some could be good with a little tweaking; some are pretty laughable (I can see how my juvenile mind was reaching beyond its capabilities in an effort to be mature); some are just baffling- I really don't remember where I was going with the story.

I may eventually do a similar blog post- share some of the ideas that roll around in my head. I'll be honest, though- I'm hesitant only because I'm worried someone (not necessarily a sibling) might steal my ideas and get them published first. It has happened before- I think once or twice, I have seen or read something VERY similar to an idea I'd had years ago... not that they actually stole my idea- they just had the same one and managed to get it published/produced first. So, I rather jealously guard my story ideas for fear of that happening intentionally. But maybe it's just time to let go a little bit- share what I have and solicit feedback and suggestions...

I think I'm done for now.

Blog Archive