Wednesday, April 22, 2009

If at first you don't succeed...

I did try, try again. Guess what I got? I whole bunch of nothing again.

Now I have to Re-try and re-try again. On Thursday. That means that I will potentially be observing fish from 10:00am Thursday to 10:00 am Friday and then go to all my classes and such. Then go back and observe the fish again throughout the day. I will be one very tired and cranky birthday girl.

If Thursday doesn't work out (knocks on the wood desk she is working at) then I don't know what I will do. The rest of the semester is filled with tests and projects and work for my other classes. Please, please, PLEASE pray for me and my fish on Thursday. I REALLY don't want to have to go into the summer with this. I think I would probably cry.

So there's the update for that. On top of the fact that I am wasting time waiting for them to do their thing, I am also missing a lot of work. All for NOTHING! That means, of course, less money in the bank for me.

On Monday, I survived my first ever real All-nighter. I'm talking NO SLEEP whatsoever. From 8:00am Sunday morning to 7:00 pm Monday night.

I stayed up all night trying to get all my homework done. I had...

...2 papers, 2 powerpoints (one I had to present Monday), 1 test and 1 130pg complied paper to copy and paste together from the various group members and then edit the best I could (which was NOT very good).

This was all due on Monday. There was no time for sleep. Mostly because this 130 pg paper took longer that I thought it would.

So on Monday at 8:00am I presented my findings on humor and it's uses in todays society. Particularly Vulgar humor. I was dead tired and it was really late when I made the powerpoint. So is was HORRID. No visuals. Just a bunch of boring facts. I never told a single joke the whole time, which didn't so much for my supporting arguments. It was abysmal and I am pretty sure I put people to sleep.

-I kept misspelling words during my test the next class I had

-I kept nodding off during my Brit Lit class

-I was pretty much incoherent during my Practicum class

-When I finally got home and ate food and went to sleep at 7:00pm I slept right through my 8:00pm "24" alarm and missed my show. I also slept through an 8:03 call from Juli. I am such a light sleeper, I NEVER sleep through my phone. I must have been dead tired. I slept from 7:00pm to 7:00am the following morning. I don't think I have ever slept 12 hours straight through.

The horrible thing is, I will be doing the same thing on Thursday for these fish. 10:00 am-10:00 am. Then to class and at 12:00 I am checking them again. I get three hours (Where I will probably nap in my car or work on identifying dead fish in jars). Then at 4:00 I'm at it again. Then it's my birthday, so I will be eating yummy food and having SOME family time for most of the evening. I have to check them again at 9:20pm. Then I have to check AGAIN at 2am. So I am looking at (counting) almost 42 hours of almost no sleep.

Can I do it? Well, I may have to invest in lots of sugar since I don't drink caffeine.

I'm done for now. That is the update on my life. I'm sure I'll gt through it though I will not be happy and my body will hate me. Wish me luck.

Have a happy EARTH DAY!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive