Saturday, March 17, 2007

Heaven and Hell

I really should be sleeping right now. I have a date with a flock of Canada Geese early tomorrow morning. But I'm feeling a little bit not sleepy. Exausted from tonights closing at "The Gallery"(as it s to me now), but not like I want to be in bed. Unfortunatly, since it is 1:00 am and everybody else had a great time having Patty's day dinner and hangin out with each other, no one had the energy to be awake now. Not that I blame them.

I had a thought as I was reading a survey done by a friend. In one question it asked if you believe in heaven. He said yes. The next question asked if you believe in hell. His answer was he wasn't sure about that one. So I have a question now.

If there is no hell, what is the point of having a heaven? Isn't heaven supposed to be a wonderful place where we can exist happily forever? If so, then what if you dont get there? Where do you go?

Now assuming that you are one of those people who believe that we all get to heaven, what is the point of being here on earth in the first place if were all going to automatically go to the same place? (I know that for those who read this on a regular basis I am pretty much preaching to the choir). Why would we be put out of Gods presence if it didn't matter what we did down here? Thats was pretty much Lucifers plan...that we would all end up in the same place(granted that was because we had no choice and no agency). It's kind of depressing to think that choices we make down here don't mean anything because were going to heaven anyway.

There can't be heaven if there is no hell just like there can't be joy if there is no sorrow. I know there is a scripture explaining this, I just can't remember where it is. I don't even know if the person who posted the survey is even going to read this. I just needed to rant becuase sometimes I feel like the answer is simple and those who think that the LDS church complicates things are being closed minded.

On a brighter note, I went to an antique "mall"(is that what it would be described as?) today. I can't believe that I didn't know how much fun that is. I had a blast and if I had taken pictures like my photographical(yay for adding "al"and making a new unecessary word) sister, they would be on this post. I also re-discovered how delightful the movie "Black Beauty" is. Good times. Well, I really should sleep. I'll regret doing this when I force myself to wake up in 6 hours.

No comments:

Blog Archive