Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"The lights go out and I can't be saved. Tides that I tried to swim against have brought me down upon my knees. Oh I beg, I beg and plead singing..."

As many of you know by now, most of southern New Hampshire has no power. That includes Bear Brook State Park.

Actually if I am going to be completely honest, much of the people who were without power have it again. It looks like Bear Brook (heretofore given the label BB) will still be without until Friday at the earliest.

Hello, my name is Sarah Lambson and it has been 7 days since my last shower.

I am trying my best to stay okay smelling. I don't think I am TOO repulsive yet. I haven't been running around and getting sweaty or anything. But my hair is pretty rank, I must admit. Only a beanie cap (which is also starting to smell a little) protects the world from my hair of eternal stench (name that movie Lambsonites...or any other ites out there who know)

Also, there is the dark factor. It's really not a big deal except that I broke my headlamp (actually I am convinced that it broke itself).

In other news, our crew just got two people smaller. One girl has left for good and the other is thinking about it. The former is a loss, but I didn't get along with her all that well anyway. The latter is a girl who I will greatly miss. She was the closest I got to a spiritual peer. I am praying hard that she decides to come back (she is home for a week).

I need to get on with the new batch of pictures. The following are just pictures of a beautiful lookout that I pass all the time and only just took time to take pictures of. I hope you know that this was done at great personal cost since there is no place to park on the busy road right next to this place. This was just after the snow that we got on Saturday.




So, here we have the complete inventory of the care package that I got from Beckie over the weekend(I'm sure most of you don't care but out here it's awesome to get stuff and I just have to show it off)
note:lables for each picture are BELOW the picture. Just to save you from the confusion monster.
See everything in all it's majesty? Other people get packages, but I must say that (like in RI) I am the envy of all the other interns...most of the time. Thanks awesome family!
The overhead shot with it all laid out.
Cookie crisp (my fav cereal) and Choco special K (the best kind in my opinion). Plus a fun card!
My conference DVD that mom and Dad got for some Christmas's ago(I had requested it) The original Batman (is that my copy? I can't remember if I bought it or not...) Skip-Bo(YAY!) and sunglasses(not much use with all this gray weather.
Luggage tags, Burts Bees (who DOESN'T love a gift of good ol' Burts), Two (count it, TWO) kinds of gum (I LOVE gum), stationary, a little notebook and two bags of goodies.
A hat with a pom pom the size of a small planet (started by me, finished by Mother. Thanks Mom!), sunflower seeds (That bag will be gone in a day), A GIANT Toblerone bar (the envy of all), and SOCKS! I agree with Dumbledore, one can never have enough socks.
Lets get a closer look at this card.
Love those boys!
(:

So there you have it. A faithful account of the items in the package Beckie sent me. It occurs to me that I didn't do a blog like this for the package Juli sent. Sorry Juli! I think I was just so excited to get it that I forgot. I am still reveling in it's contents.

A quick little addendum before I close. I hate electric companies right now. Two are currently fighting over who is going to take care of a downed power line that is in the middle of nowhere. This means that it will be at LEAST a couple more days before we get power. I have now gone for a whole WEEK without a shower. At least we get to go to Salvation Army today and shower before we teach tomorrow.

Ug.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Sarah, I'm delighted you got the package and chagrined to learn you probs already own original Batman. I knew I should have gone with Jaws!

Seven days without washing hair? I'd start to spit-shine it like our pets after awhile. We as the light-haired, fine-haired, thin-haired sisters are the worst to pull off such a greasy mess, so you have my undying sympathy (though not so undying I would ever be willing to suffer through it by walking a mile in your greasy beanie).

Hope your friend decides that staying home is dullsville and comes back to live it up southern new hampshire style.

Love ya,
B

Peeser said...

Loved the Labyrinth shout-out! (I win! :) I'm sorry you had to go so long without power... I hate how my hair gets after only two days of no washing- I can only imagine how much I'd hate it after SEVEN days!

I'm so glad you got an awesome package from Beckie (and Juli)- there were definitely some awesome things included- I love the beanie with the pom pom "the size of a small planet" (I especially loved that description).

And what beautiful pictures! Honestly, how could anyone (even snow haters) NOT think that snow is still beautiful?! I am a little envious (or would have been a week ago- now, I'm ready for spring, so I'm not as envious).

Here's hoping this week is better than the last.

Hang in there! :)

Blog Archive