Monday, February 15, 2010

"But I pulled you and I called you here. And I caught you and I've brought you here, didn't I? These hazards of love never more will trouble us."



So I know that this is the second post in two days but this is at the request of Mom. A VALENTINES DAY POST!

This it the first valentines day that I spent not feeling resentful of being single. Mostly because I had a lot of other single people to spend it with. But first a couple other things.
Here is my cabin. The one that I live in that has very limited electricity. Look at all the lack of snow!
Remember that trail picture from the last post? All that snow there? Yeah. Here is the same trail. Snow-less. The only reason there is still white stuff on the ground is because it is the woods and some of the drifts were pretty big.
Here is the first picture of what my secret valentine got me. A whoopie cushion...(She calls me Lambson and I call her Ryan because we are both people who share a name with someone else here. See the sun on the chest of the lamb? Yeah, she made that and glued it on.
Here is another shot showing the front of the card. So cute!! Love it.

And now for the food. This pizza was not made by me. But it was too amazing not to capture. There was some amazing food being made last night, I tell you what.
So. Picture 1 of the amazing meal WE made. Me, Abby, Kelsey.
Aren't they loveley?
Sweet potato fried mixed with russet fries. Yum. Nutmeg, salt, pepper, garlic, the best.
Nachos. Again, not made by us. This was made by the same people who made the pizza. FANTASTIC!
Okay, so get this. The burgers were made of grass fed Angus beef from the farm of Abby's grandparents. The buns were made of focaccia bread. Ripe tomato, lettuce, organic ketchup, munster cheese. If that weren't enough, we mixed onion, garlic, and worchester sauce into the meat. I have to say that it was the best burger that I have ever had in my life. That include anything you might get at a restaurant.

After the amazing dinner, we watched Labyrinth. Me and Kelsey sand along. Abby wasn't impressed. But she had never seen it as a kid, thus proving my theory that most adults will not like that movie if they haven't experienced it as a kid first.

It was a pretty good night. But of course, nothing can stop the feeling that you should be with someone. It wasn't too bad last night, but it was present.

Someday.

So there you have it.

I hope you enjoyed.

Happy Valentines day.

ps-here are the letters and the song that wrote to my secret valentine. I hope you find them as cheesy as I meant them to be.

My dearest Abby,

I cannot contain it any longer. It is I, your secret Valentine and in these, the days preceding that day of sweetest love aka Valentine’s day, I finally find the strength to finally tell you just how much I love and adore you . Reminiscent of that Roman saint who died on February 14th so many years ago, so my heart dies a little every day it is not given your return affections. But let us not rush things, my crème crumpet of delicious beauty. Love is an art and I am the master artist. Everyone knows that tension must be drawn out so that the release is all the sweeter. So it will be that this day and all the days following it which precede February 14th 2010 I will write you a letter. A letter which puts into words feelings which no earthly words can express. And each day, oh bountiful bearer of all my affection, I will see your love for me grow until that fateful time when I will reveal to you my identity.

Stars will align, music will ring out, and all the cosmos will submit to that one power which is greater than all others. This power doesn’t take money, it doesn’t take fame. It doesn’t take a credit card to ride this train. It is strong and it is sudden and it can be cruel sometimes, but it might just change your life. It’s the power of love.

Until tomorrow my beauty, I must leave you to anticipate my next profession of devotion.

-Your secret Valentine

Oh Abby, my Abby! I’m glad you’re not at an Abbey

‘Cause if you were, you would not be my Abby

Oh Abby, my Abby I hope you don’t think it’s drabby

That I wrote you this song. A song that’s all about Abby

Oh she loves her earth and hates Dave Matthews

I sometimes wonder if she likes cashews

‘Cause I do and I like macadamias too

I go nuts for my Abby, oh Abby my Abby oh loo!


Abby, my sweet. It is I again. Your secret valentine. I know that you have waited with bated breath to receive this, my second profession of love. Breathe easy now, oh inspiration of all my doings for it is here.

I do not profess to be a being of many words. I must admit that I find myself distracted by thoughts of you. And so I make this address brief.

Expect a token of how much I worship you in the form of a little ditty.

If this letter is unexpected and strange to you, be sure to check your mailbox for the letter I wrote to you previously.

Until tomorrow dearest,

-Your secret valentine

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

So I meant to post a comment a million years ago and just checked to see if anyone else had beat me to it and all I saw was crazy Asian characters and a bunch of dots...so here's my comment! I am the best sibling, aren't I?

I love the pictures! The food looks scrumptious and the area looks absolutely gorgeous! and I love the letters you wrote to your secret Valentine (: Super adorable and for some reason it makes me think of the poetry that Dr.Seuss's and Shawn Spencer's love child would write (if they could have a love child...).

Miss you tons and I can't wait until I go up there with the rest of the fam!

Blog Archive