Thursday, October 18, 2007

*Small Smile*

I just want to say that I am so thankful for siblings that are angry in my behalf. It makes me feel better. To make things even more interesting, apparently the Mom of this employee who allowed me to be stiffed (the mom was apparently one of the ones at the table) insisted that the manager speak to me about my horrible service. Bill took me aside and asked what the deal was. He wasn't angry or anything. But he was just following through. I told him my side of the story. He told me that Casey had spoken in my defense (I love her). And he also said (though this could have been because he wanted to keep both sides appeased) that he has no sympathy for families of employees that come to eat at Bob Evans because they are only there for the discount. Anyway, I wasn't written up or anything. Good.

In the continuing saga of SARAH AT BOB EVANS

Monday of all days was one of the worst that I have had at Bob Evans so far. It will probably remain in the top five along with the day that I got three complaints in a row because I table hopped. To start off the evening, I was 1/2 an hour late because my car had died(left the stupid lights on again). I had to call several people before finally getting a ride from Scott Mitchell. I got there and the only people working were me and Bill. No cook, no hostess, no dishwasher and no other servers. This really wasn't a problem because Bill can cook and host at the same time. And we weren't too busy. Then a man comes in and tells the hostess that just showed up that he's going to have 9 other people joining him. This is no problem. The restaurant is completely empty. They trickle in. I get them all drinks. They are all nicely dressed and are here for a business meeting. A few other couples walk in and I am able to handle them just fine. I have gotten most everyones orders and it's getting a little busy. More and more people are coming in.

Around 5:25 Amber shows up and it seems like it will be fine. But the people don't stop coming. And our hostess is new and still doesn't understand that you don't seat a section twice if you can help it. She keeps doing this and so Amber and I keep taking each others tables to counter this. For a time, Bill would ask me how I was doing and I would smile and just say "Great!" halfway meaning it. But around 6:00 I was hoping that Bill wouldn't ask me how I was doing because I would probably say something snide or unhappy. I don't know how I managed to get everything done. My service wasn't 100%. Probably around 60-70%. Thats D-C range. Anyway, it was horrific. 6:30 brought us Justin thank goodness. After he showed up, things settled and I was back to doing Great except that my brain was leaking out of my ears.

Not a happy night, but I made a total of $103. What is it with a Monday being busy? Who knows. I got a $10 tip from a two top last night but only a 5-dollar bill from a seven top (3 of them were kids). And as much as I respect Spencer as a server and he's fun sometimes, ther are times when I want to shove a fork up his nose.

In other life news, I really have no other life. I'm depressed because I have a friend coming into town tonight and she will be here for the weekend but I will have almost no time to spend with her. *tear*. In a little happier news, I have now officially decided that I am going to be Special Agent Dana Scully of the FBI for Halloween. My new hair color seems to match that pretty closely and I wont get crap from mom for cross-dressing.

Anyway, thats about it. Life moves on and I sometimes wish I could just stand still and forget about it.

I have intentions of posting a movie review at some point...so look for that.

No comments:

Blog Archive