Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"I'm feelin' rough I'm feelin' raw, I'm in the prime of my life."

Believe it or not, I miss the day where I didn't have to worry about my nails bending backwards or possibly chipping.

I want to go back to those days.

Not so long ago.

I would love to go back even further. To the days where I could just sit and talk with a person and feel no pressure. Where time really didn't matter. There was plenty of it and no reason to wish you had more because you had a world's worth.

More than anything, I am wishing for the future. Days from now when Finals are behind me and I have a piece of paper that says I got my BS in Fisheries and Wildlife. Then I will have two glorious weeks where I will scramble to prepare for the next frightening adventure in my life.

Then I'm gone. Far away from all things familiar and I am stretching my comfort zone. No swagger with a degree under my belt because, really, what can I do with it at this point? Replacing said swagger will be an unattractive cowering. Perhaps a reclusive withdraw from the the world. That's usually what I do.

But the little part of ambitious Sarah says that in New Hampshire, I will have a chance to be a whole new person. There is not a single being out there that knows me(If there are, I think I might just choke on my gum). I don't have to be the timid wallflower. I can be the girl who goes out of her way to know everyone (well, not everyone. Despite what I insist, there are sure to be SOME hippies out there. And not the kind you love to know, either).

Aw hash potatoes! Nuts to just realizing that I have a paper due Monday that has to be reviewed by two people before then. Time to abruptly end this post and get to it!

1 comment:

Julina said...

But you might run into some people who know your big sis - sorry about that ;-)

Hang in there with the end of the semester fun (HA!) and call/text me as soon as it's over so I know it's safe to powwow about funner subjects (like road trip #2...)

Love you

Blog Archive